Friday, October 24, 2008

Missions Conference Oct. 19 - 20, 2008

Hello everyone,

I hope and pray that al is well with everyone.

I wanted to take a moment and update you all on one of ministry opportunities that Sarita and I have had this past week.


Missions Conference....

This past weekend we travelled to the capital city of Tuxtla Gutierrez here in the state of Chiapas were we live so that I could preach at a missions conference on Saturday night and two times on Sunday. It was a small church but all 70 chairs were filled. Many of you were praying for this conference and that God would use me as a vessel of His to encourage the Christians here in Mexico to be involved in world missions. The Lord has answered your prayers. Thank you for praying for me. I told Sarita on Saturday night, as we drove the two hours to the church, that I could feel the prayers that were being offered for me. It was so encouraging!

One note about Sunday night.

All three of my sermons/lessons were prepared to be about 50 minutes long but on Sunday night, about 10 minutes before we began, I was asked to only speak about 30 minutes because another speaker had come and was going to preach as well. Under normal circumstances, this would not have been so hard but in Spanish it is very difficult for me to just go through my sermon and cut out 20 minutes worth because I translate most of my sermons before hand since I am not that fluent yet in Spanish and I rely heavily on my translated notes.

Soooo, I just prayed for the Lords help and He gave it to me in a grand fashion. At about the 20 minute mark I knew that I did not have time for the rest of my points in order so I closed my notes and stepped in front of the pulpit and just started preaching and teaching the best that I could. And the Lord showed Himself strong on my behalf. Sarita said it sounded like a native speaker up there. Now that is amazing because it normally doesn´t. Blessed by the name of our dear Lord and Saviour who answers the cries of His people.

The orphans from Teopisca singing about Jesus being the light of the world!




Local children singing about missions as well



Being introduced Friday night by the pastor of the church



Sunday morning...notice the green pine needles on the floor around the pulpit...they use them on special occasions down here in Mexico.



This sign says... ¨missions, the heartbeat of the church - pass over and help us¨...the focal text was from Acts 16:6-10 where Paul had the Macedonian vision to go to Macedonia and help them...



my pastor C preaching on Sunday night..







Me preaching my final message on Sunday night....






that´s all for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment