Tuesday, November 8, 2011

First worship service in our home!


Hello family and friends,

Wanted to let you sit in on the first worship service in our home here in Teopsica. We gathered at 3pm on November 6th and had a great time in music, song, fellowship and of course the preached word!

Thirteen adults and 26 children came to the house...this represented nine different families. So as you can imagine, Sarah and I were very encouraged. Once everyone was seated I looked around and I realized that I knew everyone and I also realized that most all of them were indeginous...so I asked them to raise their hands if they also spoke the common dialect around here and everyone but two people raised their hands. So they told me that I would have to learn the Tzeltal dialect as well as Spanish. I told them I would try to learn some so we shall see. 

Please continue to pray for us as we bring the life giving word of God to this little town in South Mexico.


Pics:

We transformed our living and dining area into the little house church we meet in...







Here were the first worshippers in our house church...none of the seats that I purchased last week were left vacant!!!  Praise God for this!

A young man (17) that I have known for over four years led us in song...








And another young one that I have known for almost 3 1/2 years helped him as well....man I loved seeing Joshua just get up there and sing along!!!! I didn´t have a chance to tell him he couldn´t get up there because Sarah and I were sitting in the back and all of a sudden he jumped up from his front row seat and grabbed his guitar and stood right up there and starting playing along :-)


Keep praying for us and the people of Teopisca,

The Keelings

2 comments: