Friday, July 20, 2007

Just another day of fun in the sun!


Me and half the team. Rigoberto is on my right and his brother Miquel is on my left. We had another 3 guys on the team....don't we look intimidating!!! Well maybe not but.....weeeeeeeeee are the champions of the world!








Gotta dig that state of the art equipment. Gives another meaning to nothing but net.....as there were no nets.










He had no idea what hit him as I crossed over between my legs and went to the hole with my left hand.....wham....2 points!









Looking for someone to pass to.....which way did he go.....








He shoots and he scores.....as I said earlier....nothin but net!







If you look closely, you can see those obstacles that I was talking about in my email. Those little dogs are nothing but trip hazards......actually, they help out your zone defense as well.









No blood, no foul.....that guy in the all white got away with a push in the back and down I went......bam.....all those guys sitting on the benches thought that was real funny....but I got the last laugh on the guy in white cause he went up for a shot later and I sent his shot into the fourth row.....just call me SHAQ DADDY!




Who put that post there!!!!!!!!!!!!! (that is Miguel, Rigoberto's brother)









Here was the crowd......there were about 200 spectators in all.











These were the executive suites.....I think if you look closely you can see Mark Cuban scouting us out!!!!








This was the pressbox.....this is where the high ranking officials sit....and the ones that hand out the big bucks at the end of the tourney.....








and these are all the women....there was not one female around the court the entire day except for my little Sarita....what a great help meet!!!!








part of our great halftime show.....









and this was another great act.....little kids all decked out in cowboy gear just dancing away....notice the little doggie...they are all over the place.










I call this photo: pigs and pineapples.....if you can look closely enough at the photo, these guys were selling pineapples out of the back of their truck and there are two really big pigs walking down the street as usual!!!!!







Here we are getting PAID!!!!! A whole 7 or 8 bucks for this win.












Notice that in Mexico I am probably more suited for a power forward than a point guard. Although there were probably about 20 or 25 guys taller than me throughout the day but only about 10 were taller than 6 feet. Maybe just call me DIRK......but unlike Dirk, I came through in the clutch with a bunch of points in this tourney.....sorry about that you Mavericks fans......




These are some of the pictures that Sarita took of the basketball tournaments the other week. There are no photos of of me "preaching" during the halftime show but I think that she is a pretty good photographer so these are some pretty good shots. As you can tell from the photos we play in something close to that of the American Airlines Arena.....these facilities don´t quite hold as many spectators as the AAC but as you can see from the photos they have a pressbox and executive suites and even great halftime shows. And even the games are a little more excitig as down here we have to keep an eye on the ball, another eye on the other players and then somehow keep another eye on these little obstacles that sometimes run across the court called dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment