Thursday, July 12, 2007

Not a beauty but it works








































Well my friends these are pictures of our first house here in Mexico. We spent 2 weeks in this little "casita" as we waited for our God to provide us just the right house in His own perfect timing. The first 2 photos show our house from outside with of those showing what the rainy season is all about here in Teopisca (actually I have been told that the rainy season starts in August...can´t wait). The next 3 photos show us cleaning up and repairing things around the house. Sarita did so much cleaning on this little house to make it a home...I am so proud of my little Sarita. The 6th photo shows me clearing the area around the outside sink area so that Sarita could wash dishes....it was either wash the dishes outside or in the little bathroom sink. Photos 7 and 8 obviously show my little wife hard at work just scrubbing away. Photo 9 has me putting together all the things we took apart to get them into the truck. Photos 10 and 11 show how nice Sarita arranged our things to make a square room into the look of several rooms. Photo 12 shows me and man´s best friend Amos hard at work trying to get a whole pot of water to boil for some spaghetti that we were going to feed all the orphan kids and pastor C and his family
who came over one evening for fellowship (we did not have a stove or gas until later in our stay at the casita) . And photo 13 shows all the kids eating the good food we cooked.

Here is a little of Sarita´s thoughts on all this new life in Mexico....this is the email that she sent out a few weeks ago entitled He is always faithful.....

Deuteronomy 8:2 And you shall remember that the Lord your God led you all the
these forty years in the wilderness to humble and test you to know what was in
your heart, weather you would keep His commandments or not.

Do you ever find it hard to choose joy? I have been thinking about this verse so
much over the last two week. When we moved into this temporary house I knew it
was much better than some of our neighbor, and even some people in America, but
I was hoping for something a little better than bucket showers and walls that
have big cracks that you can see through.

I found myself thanking God for a concrete floor and not dirt one. But when I
didn’t have the amount of room that I wanted, or I couldn’t wash my dishes
inside the house I would find myself grumbling. I remember this verse that says
“And do not grumble as some of them did and were destroyed by the destroying
angel” 1Cor 10:10. Yet when things are not the way that I want them, even the
little things. I think God, are you sure you still know where I am, and is this
really what you want for me? But I truly believe that God does long to teach His
little children with difficult circumstances and everyone’s “difficult
circumstances” is different.

As we were coming over the mountains on the way here I was listing to one of my
new favorite songs “He’s always been faithful to me” by Sarah Groves I was
thinking Lord are you really Faithful? Lord do you really know what is going on.
Lance keeps telling me that all of this is all worth it, and that God is going
to do great things in our life. But sometimes the path looks so dark, and that
God might not poor out blessing on us.

But God has pored out his blessings on me this week. I went to Spanish class
last Wednesday, and I was suppose to be learning Spanish, but some how my
teacher and I started talking about the differences between being Catholic and
being Baptist. We talked for about 45 minutes to an hour about our religions.
She was telling me about a practice they have where the priest standing behind a
veil. I asked her why her church had this practices and she did not know. I
encouraged her to read Hebrews, because the Bible tells us so much about these
things. She told me that she would. Please pray for more talks like these, and
that she would read Hebrews. I was able to see Gods faithfulness to me in
letting us have this conversation.

Also last Wednesday we returned home from Spanish class. We went to see Larry
and Juanita, and when we entered their house, She held up keys. She said that
the house that we have wanted to rent is vacant, and that we could go look at it
right then. All I have to say is that Eph 3:20 is so true God is able to do more
than we can ask or think. Our little house has an indoor kitchen, with a sink
inside. A shower (Praise the Lord) and it has some room for a family to grow
into. Our God is so faithful.

I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of
the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

1 comment:

  1. sorry, sarita, my love. all your words did not get put in right. but i got the message. good blog.
    love ya both

    ReplyDelete