Wednesday, July 4, 2007

One man's trash is another man's treasure











After waking up to the smells and sounds of the beach, I became a little concerned because I knew that we were going to be driving into the territory of Mexico were it is the rainy season and without a back topper door, all of our stuff would get wet. So we stopped at a McDonalds and asked them if they had any cardboard boxes but they said they had thrown them all away. So we drove on from there and all of a sudden we see a Sams Club sign. What a great sight. We drove around to the back were there was just tons of trash lying around on the street behind the Sams and we starting digging from cardboard boxes.........you know.......one man´s trash is another man´s treasure. We found 2 pieces that would do and I taped them together and then used some screws and tape to seal up the back of the topper. BUT I used all the duct tape to do this and I knew that if we got stopped at another checkpoint I would have to take off the tape to remove the topper door so I went into the Sams to get some duct tape. They didn’t have any but they told me to go to Home Depot which I did. Praise the Lord for Home Depot. I bought three huge rolls of duct tape and used about half a roll on the topper door as I didn’t want to take any chances with the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment