Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Your missionaries hard at work at the beach




A few hours after the military stop we decided to stop in a small costal city right to have lunch. We drove down to the beach where all the restaurants (huts) and beach life were at. We drove up and down the beach a little ways and then stopped off at a hut that looked as good a spot as any to eat. Of course we had no idea what was on the menu but we could pick out the chicken, beef and the fish plates so Sarah ordered some form of beef and I ordered some kind of fish. I told Sarah that it would be pretty hard to mess up fish….well little did I know that I was way wrong. Sarah’s meal arrived first and it looked real good as it had black beans, rice, salad and a big thin piece of meat (of course I joked that the beef may have been that dog that we saw running down the beach a little earlier) but then I stopped joking when they brought out my meal. I have no idea what kind of fish it was but it still had the eyes, tail and teeth. I ordered pescado frito (fried fish) and that is exactly what I got. All they did was take a whole fish and put it in a deep fryer and fry it up. We both looked at each other and then just started laughing…..I think I started laughing because I didn’t want to cry and I think Sarah started laughing because she knew that her meal was way better than mine. Well I did the best I could at getting my meal down. Needless to say I didn’t get near the head for I am not too fond of eating eyes and teeth. After we ate we drove down a little ways to the beach and I backed the truck up and we went for a little half hour swim. Then it was on our way again.

No comments:

Post a Comment