Friday, July 13, 2007

Packing it all up....almost all of it






























These photos show our progress as we packed up in Garland for our move to Teopisca. I took these photos primarily to make sure that if I had to unpack everything at the border or at a checkpoint that I could put everything back in an orderly manner but very quickly. It took Sarita and I close to 5 hours to pack everything in our truck so I knew that it would be a big ordeal to take everything out and then have to put back in. But then I decided that I would start our postings with these photos.

The first photo shows me in despair as I was trying to figure out how in the world we were going to be able to fit everything in the pickup. It was at this point that I realized that there was no way we were going to pack everything we wanted to take without getting a topper. The rest of the photos just show the progress of our move.

In the end we had to give away a few more things that we wanted but all in all we got to take almost everything we wanted to take. The last few things we gave away were while we were in the McDonalds parking lot in Wylie before we left that Saturday morning on June 2nd. Sarita and I got in the truck ready to leave and I realized that I did not want to be so cramped up in the cab so I just grabbed a couple of things and handed them to people standing around in the parking lot to say bye. There was no way that I was going to drive 35 hours with all that stuff making me feel all cramped in.

No comments:

Post a Comment